Saturday, February 19, 2011

Voices of Penn State University: Greg Falatek


Penn State is about to have the honor of saying that one of their own is dropping a mixtape. Greg Falatek, plans to drop mixtape, Higher Education, on February 28th.

Even though Falatek is still sampling other beats/rapping on other people's instrumentals, I have to give it to him. He's smooth.

He undoubtedly has that frat rap kind of voice that every college kid is just begging to hear and his subject matter is 100% "Bad B#$%hes and Better Weed". Let's call him Wiz Khalifa's unknown protege.

Unlike most college rappers out there, Falatek is able to rap on a chill smooth beat without cracking under the pressure of it. He's got a little something something for everyone in his new mixtape. I, myself, am a huge fan of Frank Sinatra's age of music so Fly Me to The Moon is a personal favorite of mine.

I can't say I'm blown away by his music, yet. It's 100% something I'd download, listen to and pass around. He's good, I'm not saying he's not, but I think he still has a lot more room to grow as an artist to move from the college rap game to the rap game.

I do like him though, so def pick up his mixtape.

Support Falatek and his movement, The Ivy League.

When listening to their music I think of: Subject matter wise, Wiz Khalifa and your typical college rapper. Style, Mac Miller a little bit of Asher Roth.
Their music is best listened to when: This mixtape is definitely a chill mixtape, during your down time.
I would recommend this music to: College kids, Wiz Khalifa fans (Taylor Ganggg)

Personal Favorite- Greg Falatek- Fly Me To The Moon

Fly Me To The Moon (Produced by Mr. Hyde).mp3 by H4TV MUSIC NETWORKS

Another Track off his mixtape, Get By

Get By (Feat. DJ Corbett x Blacklight Music) 1.mp3 by H4TV MUSIC NETWORKS

No comments:

Post a Comment