Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Voices of Tulane University: Kam Royal



And this is what you call flow.

Eli Kamerow or Kam Royal, sophomore at Tulane University, dropped his first mixtape Business as Usual November last year. The mixtape was well received according to his facebook page, with sick tracks like Can't Stop Me Now Feat. Sam Karp. Once I heard that track, it was a wrap, I knew he was next up on the Unheard Undergrad track.

As big of a fan as I am of most of the people I put up on this page, I listen to their music and cut them a little bit of slack because for most of them this is just the beginning of their career. Kam Royal has surpassed the majority of my expectations for college rappers. This kid is sick.

What is flow? Flow is the ability to move an audience with your word rather than with the beat. A good beat helps too, but a good rapper can rap on any beat and make it flow.

Kam Royal has flow.

And not only that, Kam Royal is an immaculate lyricist. As of right now, Kam has been putting out a series of Lyrical Exercises, and has recently dropped Lyrical Exercise #3 as a prelude to his upcoming mixtape KAM.

These lyrical exercises only further proved exactly what I just told you.

Make sure to look out for him. There are very few times I am more than willing to fully stand behind an artist.

I'm standing up.

Here's Can't Stop Now Feat Sam Karp off his debut mixtape, Business as Usual. (Download)



And Here are his lyrical exercises 1-3.





No comments:

Post a Comment