Friday, June 24, 2011

Voices of the Week

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


It's been a great week for music, in my opinion. We have artists varying from greats like Talib Kweli and Nas to new kids on the music scene like KAM Royal and Mac Miller dropping note worthy tracks.

Here's a rundown.

Nas put out a track that, for lack of a better word, is Nasty. It's his first single off his upcoming album, Life is Good. No chorus, just strings of pure lyrical flow. Killing it as usual, I give you Nasty Nas.

Nasty - Nas


Another hip-hop great, Talib Kweli, teamed up with Mac Miller to put out a 'thank you' track to the half a million Twitter followers the young Mac Miller has gathered. Here's Family First.

Family First - Mac Miller ft. Talib Kweli


I've made it clear, previously, that I am absolutely a fan of KAM Royal, so when I heard this track I was definitely excited. KAM Royal collaborated with G-Eazy, both of whom killed it on this track. I present Well Known.

Well Known - G. Eazy ft. KAM Royal


This is me hitting up the main stream a little bit for some good summer jams. The mainstream didn't disappoint, this time. An unlikely combination of Aaron smith and the Cataracs and Dev is seemingly exactly what my summer was missing.

Love Song - Aaron Smith ft. Cataracs and Dev


Once again, here's another track produced by an artist that I've openly professed my love for, Brenton Duvall. A combination, not as surprising as others this week, Duvall gets with his long time partner Beau Young Prince and gives you The Reverse Effect. Young Prince's flow is reminiscent of Andre 3000 in some respects and blends well with the, as usual, well produced Brenton Duvall beat.

The Reverse Effect - Beau Young Prince


Another Unheard Undergrad, that I've yet to feature, PJ Simas throws you this great remix.

Give Me Everything (Remix)



I'm all about my mash ups, and White Panda is sure to satisfy. This track Ignite Cherie is no exception. Get Em White Panda.

Ignite Cherie - White Panda


This right here is another great summer track by Eddy B and Tim Gunter. Think Gym Class Heroes meets Shwayze.


Just Another Day- Eddy B and Tim Gunter

No comments:

Post a Comment