Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Voices of Berklee College of Music: Biscuits & Gravy


I told myself that I'd do homework after that last post. Oops. Blame it on Biscuits & Gravy, a group based out of Berklee College of Music, whom I discovered about 15 minutes ago. With my background in jazz, I guess I'm a sucker for a little throwback soulfulness and funk.

With vocals that speak to your soul, layered with interesting harmonies, anchored by a jazzy bass and accented with brass and funk guitar, Biscuits & Gravy have it all. However, with all these elements, they still manage to create an updated sound that mixes funk and motown with current R&B and a little rock. They've also created a hook that can't easily be forgotten, giving the group some serious staying power. Serenade is the first single dropped on their upcoming EP, Hello Weekend, so i'll make sure this isn't the last you hear from Biscuits & Gravy.

This is real music kids, expect great things:



No comments:

Post a Comment