Thursday, December 22, 2011

Voices of the Day: Timeflies



J, here. It's been forever, I know. I'm making a slow and steady come back from my semester long hiatus. But I'm here and I've got a little something-something for you.

As you all know, Timeflies throws down a little snippet of a song every Timeflies Tuesday. Although, it's not an official drop of a single, album, EP or what have you, it's always a drop of raw talent, exemplified best by none other than this week's Timeflies Tuesday drop.

In tune with the Christmas season, Rez gives Cal a holiday beat to freestyle on. Freestyling, unfortunately, can be faked. If it's not a live feed, it's hard to decipher whether or not someone is actually rapping straight off the dome. (Who you gon' find doper than him, no pen, just draw from inspiration?!?)

But, I guess Cal thought of everything, and as a preemptive attempt to ward off all the haters, Cal stands in front of the mike ripping line after line about whatever topic the little pieces of paper he picks out of a pot reads.

So without further a due,





Peace, Prosperity and a little bit of Paper
- J

No comments:

Post a Comment