Thursday, February 3, 2011

Voices of Berkeley College: Joseph Vincent



I discovered Joseph Vincent. Berkeley College alum, Joseph Vincent began with a Youtube account, a camera and a guitar. (Click link for his account)

As far as covers go, and being the cover song connoisseur that I am, Vincent nails most of the songs with a little touch of his own vibe. One of his covers actually got him on the Ellen Degeneres Show. Another fun fact about me, I'm a huge Jason Mraz and Jack Johnson fan as a result of his covers. I'll post some of my favorite covers by him below.

His original songs, including Life of a Man and If You Stay are clearly influenced by Jack Johnson and Jason Mraz and are just the right sound if you enjoy either of those artists. Vincent's voice has a natural sultry touch to it that makes any song resonate in your head (girl or boy).

He's unsigned, has yet to drop an album but is dropping fire tracks that'll accompany any peaceful summer night. Keep your eye out for this one. He's a keeper.

The Philippines gets credit for this gem.

When listening to their music I think of: Rainbows and butterflies Jack Johnson, Jason Mraz, Sick Puppies
Their music is best listened to when: you're relaxing, at a picnic, in the morning, before you go to bed, taking a walk along the beach.
I would recommend this music to: Fans of Jason Mraz, Jack Johnson, Ingrid Michaelson, all girls

One of Joseph Vincent's Earliest Covers: Buzzin' (Shwayze Cover)



One of My Favorite Covers by Him: The Remedy (Jason Mraz Cover)



Top Cover by Him: Dynamo of Volition (Jason Mraz Cover) Really Hard Song



His Newest Single: If You Stay- Joseph Vincent




Live Performance of His Original Song: Life of a Man

No comments:

Post a Comment