Saturday, November 5, 2011

Playlist of the Day: Through the Lens

A major influence on my taste in music has come from my older sister, Lily. We have her to thank for pulling me out of some of my more bizarre stages (though she may disagree that I've left them behind at all) and introducing me to new, and more popular, music. We still vary a lot in our preferences, but I'd like to take this Saturday afternoon to appreciate Lily's current interests with a playlist in her honor.

All of the music on Through the Lens was recently discovered by Lily, who works at HBO and has taken an interest in their shows' soundtracks. It's an interesting range of genres, with country/southern blues from True Blood to funk alternative from Entourage. I also threw in Daft Punk's original Tron: Legacy (Reconfigured) soundtrack remixed by various producers (like Glitch Mob and Avicii) that we happened upon together over fall break.

Take a minute to check out LNewms photoblog, Through the Lens, and listen away:


-SNewman

No comments:

Post a Comment