Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Voices of the Day: Diafrix


Diafrix, an Australian hip hop group based in Melbourne, has the valuable ability to make music that is both catchy and feel good but remains interesting and textured. This track, Running It, maintains an energy with frequent tempo changes that highlight the "stop and take a look around" message of the song.

The group never fails to deliver memorable hooks that you won't mind having stuck in your head. Running It combines a bit of their usual reggae influenced hip hop with a bubbly instrumental that provides a nice contrast to the verse.

Diafrix released the video for the song in March, I'm very late on this one because I was having too much fun abroad. Oops. It definitely looks like what I'd like to do on a Best Day Ever. Here it is:





While I'm on the subject I see they've released a new video this week to Helicopter. It really reminds me of Major Lazer



-SNewman

No comments:

Post a Comment